Wednesday 25 January 2012

Open-Door Submissions - Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry

I've just noticed that over at  Angry Robot, one of my favourite publishers, they have announced the return of "Open Door" submission period, where non-agented authors can attempt to get their stories pitched to the editors at Angry Robot. Only this year, there are a few changes.

They're Only Looking For Epic Fantasy or Young Adult (Of All Flavours) Submissions


So, where does that fit Project: Urban Holmes? Well, I originally intended  UH to be adult Urban Fantasy, along the similar lines as MLN Hanover (Daniel Abraham)'s Unclean Spirits, but I reckon its safer (and easier for me) to label it as Young Adult. I suppose I could attempt to come up with an Epic Fantasy submission as well, but again, it's easier coming up with just one YA Novel for now.

When Does Open Door Submission Month Start?


It starts April 16 and finishes April 30. So that leaves me with the rest of January, February and March, plus most of April, to get Urban Holmes not only completed, but also drafted, re-drafted and drafted again. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done.

If you're interested in having a go yourself, here's the link to the Strange Chemistry (Young Adult Imprint of Angry Robot) page, and here's a link to the Angry Robot Page.

Right, that's all for now folks. This should be the last post of the day. If you like though, you can follow me on twitter @baneofkings, where I will most likely be updating my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment